Ingredients (Portions Serves 4)
- - 2 cups of flour
- - 1 cup of sugar
- - 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- - A pinch of salt
- - 3/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Esporão Galega
- - 2 small lemons (zest and juice)
- - 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- - Sugar to roll the biscuits in
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, sugar, baking soda and salt). In another bowl mix the Extra Virgin Olive Oil with the zest and juice of the lemons and the vanilla essence.
Pour this liquid mixture gradually into the flour mixture while stirring to create the dough.
Form the dough into small balls, roll them lightly in the sugar and place them on the baking tray, separate from each other.
Bake for 15 minutes, checking every so often until a golden colour. Allow to cool completely.
Keep in an airtight container and enjoy them with a nice cup of tea!