Ingredients (2 main courses or 4 starters)
- 1 small watermelon or half a large one (about 2kg)
- 200g goat’s cheese, ideally from the Alentejo (mild or strong, to taste)
- 1 whole cucumber
- 4 sprigs mint minced
- 2 tbsp Esporão Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Half a red onion, sliced thinly into half rings
- 75 ml Esporão Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Peel the watermelon, remove the seeds, and cut into roughly 1 inch or 2 cm cubes. Slice the cucumber in half longitudinally to remove the seeds with a spoon and then chop into small pieces. Place the watermelon and cucumber in a large bowl and add the herbs and season with olive oil and vinegar. As goat’s cheese is usually quite salty, additional salt isn’t required.
Place the salad in a serving dish and break the cheese up over the salad. Drizzle with more olive oil and garnish with the onion slices.